Meet Ajax. He’s a gentle giant with a big heart and a big appetite. He’ll do anything for food and a belly rub. And when I say anything, I mean anything…
Ajax is big, heavy, and always hungry. He’s got a knack for sniffing out treats and getting into places he shouldn’t. He really didn’t think things through when he squeezed into the shed that one time…
I thought it’d be fun to take another look at the older version of this big guy. I’m not entirely happy with how the light turned out on this one, but what changes I’ve made to it over the past 20 minutes haven’t changed much, so now I know I’m just procrastinating. 😛 Best try again some other time, after I get fresh eyes on the subject. 🙂
It sure is different than the original though. I think I’ve figured out the style for these guys, and now I just need to practice plants and backgrounds more. 😀
Things are coming along quite nicely, now that I think about it…
- I’ve been able to keep up with two posts a week for the 3 months Pete’s shop has been officially open.
- I’ve figured out the style I want to use for the illustrations.
- I have almost all the critters on the original list complete, and I’ll begin creating their proper pages once the list cycles through again.
- I’m getting faster at painting the critters each week, and my skills are improving.
- I’m getting more comfortable with drawing and writing in general.
- and soon I’ll be able to have a free ebook on Amazon for you. 😀
That’s a longer list than I thought it would be when I started writing it, now that’s awesome. 😀
Hooray for progress! Isn’t it great when you take the tiny baby steps, trudge along for a while, then realize how far you’ve come when you take a look back? It may not be much, but it’s a lot more than nothing, which is what I started with. And that’s good enough. 🙂
As my special treat for you, here’s a sneak peak at my “super secret project” 😉 Spoiler alert, if you can interpret my scribbles. 🙂
Coming Next Week…
The oft-proclaimed smallest dinosaur in the world is!…not as small as you might think. 🙂